Sunday, July 12, 2009

2010 BFAC Piece

I know it's been a little while since I last blogged about anything but I've been busily frustrating myself with this years Beading-For-A-Cure piece. The selection of beads and colors this year is gorgeous, but my poor little brain just couldn't come up with a design that would come together. I made three attempts at the original design and it just wasn't working out. Then I made 2 beaded beads that I was intending on using in my design and opted to not use them. Then I just said 'Forget it!' and went with the flow and whala! this is the result.

I started off with 2 Tubular Spiral Peyote ropes and joined them together to form a 'v'. I then added the focal bead and the the bugle bead fringe. Next came the Montee and then I beaded around it with the other assorted seed beads that came in the kit. Lastly, I made a beaded beaded for the closure and a 2 loop loop for adjusting the length. Sweet and simple! Now if only I had come up with this idea 3 weeks ago....